Tencel+Plus™ Lyocell fun facts
Created by Nature in a Natural Way
- Eucalyptus is popular in skincare and spa amenities for its relaxation qualities
- Eucalyptus has been used medicinally for centuries to clear congestion
- Tencel+Plus™ Lyocell absorbs moisture and releases it away from the body
- Bacteria growth is diminished and a cool, dry sleeping atmosphere is achieved
- Dust mite survival is hindered by use of this product
- This lends itself to fewer allergens and a cleaner, healthier sleep
- Eucalyptus trees are rapidly renewable resources that grow to full maturity in 8 years
When a Eucalyptus tree is cut, 100% of the tree is used. Nothing goes to waste! Forty percent of the Eucalyptus tree becomes pulp, 20 percent becomes vinegar and artificial sweeteners. The remaining wood allows our fiber factory to be energy efficient as the wood is burned and converted to electricity. The ecological advantage is wonderful, but imagine how great it is to not have an energy bill each month!
- Unlike cotton which requires pesticides and irrigation, these trees grow in [FSC-/-PEFC] managed forests [not farms]
- FSC/PEFC forests are protected from over-cutting and a maximum 10% is cut annually
- Tencel+Plus™ fiber manufacturing uses 100 times less water than cotton manufacturing
- In a unique closed loop system, 99.6% of the solvent is re-used in the fiber production
- The solvent is non-toxic
- The fiber factory is almost 100% energy independent
- Engineered for hospitality
- Heavy duty laundering is possible as the quality exceeds all industrial wash requirements
- Fast drying inserts and pillows allow for reduced energy requirements in the laundry
- Less drying time = less energy used = lower electric bills = less emissions
- Established reclamation program that redistributes this product after it’s useful life.
Sleeping in Eucalyptus makes you happier, smarter, better looking, funnier, walk cooler and dress better. OK, maybe that is overboard but it is certainly wonderful!